As you know, NISCA has decided to cancel the 2020 Annual Conference in Indianapolis for the health and safety of our members. The executive board has met and held discussions about topics related to the cancellation of the Conference and also the closing of many schools across the US. Here is what you need to know and the Conference and All America Applications.
All Conference Fees that have been paid to NISCA will be refunded. Tom Wojslawowicz will be issuing refund checks in the next few weeks. Please be patient with this process. Tom is waiting on some information and items that were sent ahead to the hotel in advance of the Conference to be returned. Once he has those items back he will send checks out within a few days.
Hotels and Flights:
Members should call the Sheraton immediately to cancel any hotel reservations. You are still within the time frame to get a full cancellation with no penalty. Those with flights will need to contact the airlines. Many airlines are issuing credit for travel later in the year. Any rental car reservations should be cancelled as well.
2020 NISCA Award Recipients
The 2020 Award Recipients will be honored at the 2021 NISCA Annual Conference in Iowa City. Your actual awards will be shipped to your home address. More information will be available from the Awards Chairperson soon.
All America Applications:
NISCA will be waiving the late fees for the winter season for every All America program: Swimming, Diving, Para, Water Polo, Academic, Scholar Team and National Dual Meet. The applications can be turned in without penalty through June 15th at midnight EDT. Should the situation continue longer than we are currently anticipating, that deadline could possibly be extended as well.
The rules for the applications will remain the same. Times must be performed in a high school meet, no time trials or USA meet times will be allowed. While we understand that this means that people may be left off the list this year, we feel that it is the most equitable way to proceed at this time.
Rescheduling the NISCA Business Meeting:
The Executive Board is waiting to discuss the rescheduling of the NISCA business meeting until the situation stabilizes some. It is possible that we may reschedule for the summer, or move to an on-line business meeting. We will have more information about this in the future.
Again, we appreciate your patience during this time of upheaval. We hope that you all stay safe and well and that we will be able to resume our normal activities soon!