Position Title: Wilton YMCA Wahoos Assistant Coach
Reports To: Wahoos Director of Competitive Aquatics
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Status: Full Time, 40 Hours, 12 Months
The Wilton YMCA Wahoos is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and positive individual for the position of Assistant Coach. This position is responsible for serving as an Assistant Coach for the Pre-Team, Super Bronze, Super Squad and Age Group practice squads, as well as performing some administrative duties and conducting in water swim lesson instruction three days a week. Coaching the Masters swim program and assisting in the coaching of our National, Senior and Junior training squads as needed. The Assistant Coach will work in partnership with the Head Coach, Head Age Group Coach and Aquatics Department on all aspects of the Wahoos Competitive Swim Team and Developmental Programs.
- Act as the Assistant Coach for the Pre- Team, and all Age Group practice groups.
- Establish a positive practice environment, while teaching self-discipline, dedication, and responsibility.
- Three days a week of in water swim instruction.
- Attend all swim meets according to Competition Schedule set by Wahoos Head Coach.
- Assist/Substitute with other practice groups as needed.
- Communicate effectively with Aquatics Director, athletes, parents, and volunteers as needed.
- Complete meet entries as needed.
- Support club operations as needed.
- Attend all Staff Meetings and Assist the Head Age Group Coach and Wahoo Office Manager with necessary administrative support (i.e., Registration, other Office-work)
- Assist the Head Age Group Coach and Aquatics Director with daily operations of Wahoo Summer Programming (i.e., Swim lessons, Pre-Team).
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current Coach Membership with USA Swimming Required - ASCA Membership Required
- Excellent human relations skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong knowledge of Google software (Sheets, Docs, Forms, etc.)- a plus
- Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, and Team Manager software- a plus
- Familiarity with Team Unify website development software – a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in coaching, preferably in a Club or YMCA Program
- Previous Competitive Swimming experience
Work ranges from Pool Deck (indoors and outdoors in summer)), as well as an Office Setting.
Work hours are variable depending on practices, needed administrative work, and time of year.
Weekend and evening work including, but not limited to, swim practices, swim meets, parent meetings, team banquets, and other miscellaneous Wahoo and YMCA events.
The Wilton Y Wahoos is a Nationally recognized YMCA and USA, year-round competitive swim team offering top notch professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The Wilton Wahoos Team with over 230 swimmers has captured 34 YMCA National Swimming Championship Titles since 1972 and established gold, Silver and Bronze USA Club Excellence status. Our programs include age group swimming as well as a masters swim program, which ranges from competitive to general conditioning. Our goal is to provide every swimmer with an opportunity to develop excellence and personal potential through swimming and develop a life-long love for the sport and achieve success at the highest level possible. We structure practices in a positive, well-maintained environment that fosters not only great swimmers, but also great individuals. The coaching staff at Wilton has experience coaching swimmers at all levels, from Novice to High School to National Champions and Olympic and Paralympic trialists. Their goals are to make the Wahoo experience enjoyable for all swimmers they coach and to help the athletes reach their highest potential. The Wilton Y Wahoos is a club member of Connecticut Swimming LSC.
This position offers a full benefits package inclusive of:
- Health and Dental insurance (employer pays 69%, employee pays 31% of premium)
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- Paid time Off
- 403b plan
- YMCA pension plan with employer contribution (upon eligibility)
- Y Membership and employee discounts
- Cell phone, laptop
Salary is commensurate with experience. This Coaching opportunity can become a growth opportunity as well for the right candidate.
Applications, Resumes and letters of interest will be accepted through Friday March 3rd, 2022 – phone interviews will commence when information is received. The ideal candidate should be available to begin their position on Monday April 11th
Wilton, Connecticut, United States
- Position Title: Wilton Y Wahoos Assistant Coach
- Company Name: Riverbrook Regional/ Wilton Family YMCA
- Job Function: Assistant Coach